Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Textbooks and their readers
How do I respond to the examples provided here -- as a teacher and a former student? In reading this article and reflecting on my experience...
-
One afternoon I wrote 15-8-2=9 on the whiteboard, just waiting for my grade 7s to come in and get started. Of course they were very keen to ...
-
In considering the locker problem, I've concluded that, once all 1000 students go through, 31 lockers will be closed. All other lockers ...
Thanks Shannon, Sissie and Damanjit! This looks like an interesting lesson, with several ways for learners to visualize the Pythagorean theorem. If this were an actual Grade 8 class, I wonder whether they might need further guidance to get to the theorem -- but I like the deductive reasoning you're bringing to this! Looking forward to seeing this very engaging lesson.
ReplyDelete